Owl’s well that ends well….

So in my previous post you will notice that I was far from content with the owl that I made.

Image

Christy was able to modify her construction as I discovered issues with mine.  The instructions were far from perfect, but one of the issues could have been a choice of materials.  By choosing design fabrics I may have been sacrificing one important inherent quality of felt – pliability.  Christy’s owl was plumper than mine and thus much more stable and also just looked less anemic.

Enter my need to modify the pattern to make a more stable end product given my choice of materials.

Image

Image

Image

As you can see the modified design is more stable.  I made the base of the front and back wider.  I also made the sides wider at the base.  Also the wings, eyes, and beak were all sewn on prior to stuffing and closing the body. I think you will all agree that the modified design will be more functional, though the original does have his own personality.

 

– Jim

 

 

 

Advertisements

We love hearing from you! Please leave us a comment.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s